WBSA Legion Baseball Teams are managed by the following experienced coaches:
19U - Ian Thoesen
- Born and raised in Wilton. Currently resides in Newtown, with his wife and 3 children. Played for the 1995 Wilton High School FCIAC Championship team. Team Captain, All-FCIAC and All-State as a senior. Won JUCO National Championship at NCTC, where he was All-American. Played for nationally ranked Georgia College. Played professionally in the Northern League for 3 years. Owns and operates IST Thoesen Baseball in Norwalk.
- Worked as a coach and private instructor for 18 years, including organizing and directing baseball and softball clinics and camps.
- Recruits for college baseball, and produces college recruitment videos.
- Head Coach of Wilton American Legion 19U team for the last 18 years.
- Coached baseball at Wilton High for 17 years
- Head Varsity Baseball Coach at Newtown High School (Won SWC Championship 2017)
17U - Vinny Carlucci
Vin brings more than 24 years of baseball coaching experience (LL/Cal Ripken, Babe Ruth, AAU, Legion and college), 30 years of playing experience and 20 years of personally training players. He has privately coached all level of players from Little League to the professional levels specializing in hitting, fielding/throwing, infield/outfield and the position of catcher. Owner of All American Baseball Training and Development, he brings personal knowledge, experience and professional staff to now partner with The Factory located in Norwalk, CT.
Vinny was a high school prospect scouted by the Tigers, Indians, Reds and was offered a professional contract by Angels scout Jon Alietta. He played high school baseball at Danbury High for coaches Mike Cioppa and Shawn Ratchford. He was recruited at the D1 level and decided to play at Pace University after recovering from a knee injury. He received his BA in business. Throughout his college career, he competed in various summer collegiate leagues. He continues to “moonlight” in various men’s adult leagues and play for some tournament teams.
Through out his extended coaching career Vin has achieved many milestones. He is also recognized as having helped create the Westchester Rockland Wood Bat League. He held positions on the Board from 2000-2005 and then on the Board of Trustees from 2006-2010. Vin has organized player development clinics at local youth and high school baseball functions. He has run coaching development clinics for many local youth and senior organizations. He currently holds positions on many local youth organization boards to help guide their respective leagues to achieve their development goals.
15U - Chris Fabiani
Born in the Bronx. Lived in New Fairfield for the past 21 years. Married 32 years with 2 boys (lefties). Attended Archbishop Stepinac High School in White Plains NY. Played football at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh.
- Coached Pelham Little league, New Fairfield Little league, and 12U travel for 8 years.
- Head Coach of New Fairfield HS Freshmen team for 12 years & Assistant Varsity Coach for 2 years.
- Head Coach of football at New Fairfield HS for 2 years.
- Coached 13U and 15U Babe Ruth teams in Wilton for the last 4 years.
- Coached the 15U Legion since 2018