WBSA Baseball Teams are managed by the following experienced coaches:
Born and raised in Norwalk, Jim played baseball and basketball at Norwalk Community College. After NCC he transferred to Sacred Heart University, where he received his BS in Economics, and MA in Teaching. Jim currently teaches Business and Technology at Wilbur Cross HS in New Haven.
Jim has been coaching baseball since 1988 for several towns and organizations and at all age levels. He owns and operates Baseball Unlimited Baseball Academy, which provides coaching and private instructions for players of all ages.
Jim started his association with the WBSA and coaching in Wilton in 1996, and has since spent the majority of his coaching time in Wilton. He has coached house, travel, and Jr. Legion for Wilton.
Some of Jim’s other baseball experience:
- Academy Director at Grand Slam USA
- Director for both George Foster’s and Bill Madlock’s baseball camps
- Former FCCABU active high school umpire
- University of Notre Dame Summer Baseball Camp under Paul Mainieri
- Stamford American Legion (both senior and junior levels)
- Assist Coach Post University in Waterbury
- Head Coach Horace Greeley HS in Chappaqua,NY
- Norwalk and Redding Babe Ruth
- Mickey Mantle (16U); Connie Mack (18U); and Sandy Koufax (14U)
- Westport Bulldogs (14U)
Born in the Bronx. Lived in New Fairfield for the past 21 years. Married 31 years with 2 boys (lefties). Attended Archbishop Stepinac High School in White Plains NY. Played football at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh.
- Coached Pelham Little league, New Fairfield Little league, and 12U travel for 8 years.
- Head Coach of New Fairfield HS Freshmen team for 12 years & Assistant Varsity Coach for 2 years.
- Head Coach of football at New Fairfield HS for 2 years.
- Coached 13U and 15U Babe Ruth teams in Wilton for the last 3 years.
- Born and raised in Wilton. Currently resides in Newtown, with his wife and 3 children. Played for the 1995 Wilton High School FCIAC Championship team. Team Captain, All-FCIAC and All-State as a senior. Won JUCO National Championship at NCTC, where he was All-American. Played for nationally ranked Georgia College. Played professionally in the Northern League for 3 years. Owns and operates IST Thoesen Baseball in Norwalk.
- Worked as a coach and private instructor for 18 years, including organizing and directing baseball and softball clinics and camps.
- Recruits for college baseball, and produces college recruitment videos.
- Head Coach of Wilton American Legion 19U team (the wood bat league) for the last 17 years.
- Coached baseball at Wilton High for 17 years
- Head Varsity Baseball Coach at Newtown High School (Won SWC Championship 2017)
Vin brings more than 23 years of baseball coaching experience (LL/Cal Ripken, Babe Ruth, AAU, Legion and college), 30 years of playing experience and 20 years of personally training players. He has privately coached all level of players from Little League to the professional levels specializing in hitting, fielding/throwing, infield/outfield and the position of catcher. Owner of All American Baseball Training and Development, he brings personal knowledge, experience and professional staff to now partner with The Factory located in Norwalk, CT.
Vinny was a high school prospect scouted by the Tigers, Indians, Reds and was offered a professional contract by Angels count Jon Alietta. He played high school baseball at Danbury High for coaches Mike Cioppa and Shawn Ratchford. He was recruited at the D1 level and decided to play at Pace University after recovering from a knee injury. He received his BA in business. Throughout his college career, he competed in various summer collegiate leagues. He continues to “moonlight” in various men’s adult leagues and play for some tournament teams.
Through out his extended coaching career Vin has achieved many milestones. He is also recognized as having helped create the Westchester Rockland Wood Bat League. He held positions on the Board from 2000-2005 and then on the Board of Trustees from 2006-2010. Vin has organized player development clinics at local youth and high school baseball functions. He has run coaching development clinics for many local youth and senior organizations. He currently holds positions on many local youth organization boards to help guide their respective leagues to achieve their development goals.
Born in Stamford, CT. Moved to Wilton, CT and grew up playing for the WBSA and Wilton High School. Was a varsity catcher for Wilton High School, and helped the team win the F.C.I.A.C Eastern Division Championship his senior year in 2010. Went on to play baseball at Gordon College. Graduated and received a BS in Recreation, Sports, and Wellness in 2015. Currently works for Wilton Public Schools, and Wilton Parks and Rec as well as a certified Personal Trainer.
- Coached 13U and 15U teams for WBSA for the last two years.
- Started coaching baseball at Wilton High School in 2017.
- Coached two years for Easton-Redding Falcons Legion & Babe Ruth